did my router get fried?

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
so yesterday lightning struck our house and fried some of my tv, my grandmothers whole tv. and the modem, today someone came out to fix the internet so they gave us a whole new modem and when i plug the modem directly into the computer i get internet but then i plug the modem into the router and the router into the computer and it says unidentified network no internet access. we called cox(the internet company) and 2 of them said its a problem with the router. do you think it is to? cause i honestly dont think it is ive tried reseting it a couple times as well and no luck.

it kinda made no sense to cause only the hdmi ports are fried on my tv. some things were hit and some things werent.

Solution
Very likely. I had a calculator that was just sitting on the floor get fried when lightning struck the house.... I would assume that the router is toast since the device it was connected to was fried. Just be happy it didn't get further along the ethernet path.

kanewolf

Titan
Very likely. I had a calculator that was just sitting on the floor get fried when lightning struck the house.... I would assume that the router is toast since the device it was connected to was fried. Just be happy it didn't get further along the ethernet path.

Solution

i try and budget

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015

it was fried i got a new router and everythings working now. im kind of bored is there anything i can do with the motherboard? use extra parts on it or is it done?