Difference between monitors of same resolution? What could cause jagged edges in a monitor?

noonoo300

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
Hey so my question is, is there any difference between for example 2 different 1920x1080 monitors of same size (inches) besides gamma differences?
im interested because when i game, i seem to have relatively lots of jagged edges in almost every game i play no matter how much AA i try to put on. im using a 1080p 21.5 inches AOC LED monitor.

so ive been thinking since i know my monitor is kind of bad, will a new, different 1080p monitor have less jaggies? or will this be the same with every 1080p monitor?

*Im using a GTX 1060 6GB and all my drivers are up to date.

Solution
You have a 1080p monitor then I should have gotten a 1080p game image. Assuming imgur didn't resize it, then you aren't playing at 1080p which is the issue. If imgur did resize it, you need to reupload it or use a different site so I can see the game image the same as you see it.
Everything else can be different with different monitors. The only thing being the same is the res and size. Color range, color accuracy, contrast, brightness, hz, response times, input lag, free/gsync, etc.

If you are having aliasing issues, a monitor isn't going to cause it. The gpu is outputting the image and nothing can undo aa. Take a screenshot and post it here. We can make sure aa is working or not.

noonoo300

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

Hey, so i took a picture from Dark Souls 3. Ingame AA is on.

https://imgur.com/a/NHmPI

In this picture you can clearly see the rough edges on the pillars, and when i move ingame all jagged edge shimmer, and are especially visible, making some games nearly unplayable. (this image is from Dark Souls, but it happens nearly in all games for me, regardless of how hard to run they are).

noonoo300

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

First of all, Thank you for your replies!
The image i posted is cropped directly from the game and that's how i see it, but regardless to the image, is there anything i could try? are you sure buying a better (same res) monitor wont help? maybe higher pixel density? i seem to find myself playing a lot with the Nvidia control panel settings to allow me for better AA (even got Rocket League supersampled to 4K) but that's still not ideal. im not sure but i just doubt that its that bad on all 1080p monitors.

noonoo300

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

Again, thank's for the reply, but what do you mean by that? i dont play any of my games at lower than native res...

You have a 1080p monitor then I should have gotten a 1080p game image. Assuming imgur didn't resize it, then you aren't playing at 1080p which is the issue. If imgur did resize it, you need to reupload it or use a different site so I can see the game image the same as you see it.

Solution