difference between ps3 slim , super slim , fat

ahmedxgamer

Commendable
May 5, 2016
so my friend wanted to buy a PS3 and he want to hack it and download multi man in it
so what ps3 he should buy ?

Solution

I have no knowledge of the PS3 hacking scene, but I have an original 60GB fat PS3. The original fat PS3 includes a lot of features that were removed in later revisions to cut costs, most notably full hardware-level PS2 backward compatibility. There are also many more USB ports and some other storage ports (SDIO/MMC, Compact Flash, Memory Stick) that were removed.

One drawback of the Fat PS3 is that the HDMI transceiver is only specced to HDMI 1.3, which means no 3D. The fat PS3 also can't stream Dolby Digital TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio straight to the receiver, although it can decode them internally.

I believe...

I have no knowledge of the PS3 hacking scene, but I have an original 60GB fat PS3. The original fat PS3 includes a lot of features that were removed in later revisions to cut costs, most notably full hardware-level PS2 backward compatibility. There are also many more USB ports and some other storage ports (SDIO/MMC, Compact Flash, Memory Stick) that were removed.

One drawback of the Fat PS3 is that the HDMI transceiver is only specced to HDMI 1.3, which means no 3D. The fat PS3 also can't stream Dolby Digital TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio straight to the receiver, although it can decode them internally.

I believe that newer PS3 revisions also boot much faster.

Solution

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
The Fat PS3 is more vulerable to overheating and getting a Yellow Light of Death. Some of the PS3 fat models are backwards compatible with PlayStation 2 games. It includes a bit more features that were removed in the later revisions, to cut costs, because they thought there wasn't a point in it, etc. Some fat ps3s also have more usb ports, most PS3s have only 2, but some models of the fat PS3 include 4. The fat ps3 also has other storage ports, like SDIO/MMC, Compact Flash, Memory Stick, and SD cards that were later removed in the newer models of the PS3. Another thing with the Fat PS3 like Pinhedd mentioned, was that the HDMI transceiver is specced to HDMI 1.3, which means that theres no 3d, and the fat models can't stream Dolby Digital TrueHD or DTS-HD Master audio straight into the receiver, but it can decode them internally. The fat ps3 can also be jailbroken, to include much more features, like install packages, have debug tools, and more.

I think that the newer models, which are the slim and super slim boot much faster and are much more quieter. Some PS3 slims have backwards compatibility for PS2 games, but only some. The super slim, I believe doesn't have any compatibility with PS2, although, ALL ps3s, including the fat support PS1 games. Some PS3s support PS2, but ALL ps3s support PS1 games. The super slim cannot be jailbroken, only the slim and fat. The slim and super slim are much more quieter and slimmer than the ps3 fat, the super slim is the quietest.

I also just noticed that you were asking for what ps3 should your friend buy for jailbreaking. Well, you can read all this info and see which one is best. None really make a difference, it doesn't really matter, just make sure the super slim is the one he doesn't get, as it isn't capable of being modded.

ahmedxgamer

Commendable
May 5, 2016

so i think i should buy the Slim here .....
ok 1 more Last thing what features that i can't find in ps3 slim but i can find in ps3 ss

ahmedxgamer

Commendable
May 5, 2016

Ok thanks . for replying . so there is 60 gb fat i think that is so Low storage space
what is the Maximum storage that the ps3 fat can reach ? and mention the slim and the ss too
thanks

ChaoticWolf

Honorable

The hard drive could be upgraded, although it's a bit difficult. You're better off with the slim, it has more storage. It goes up to 500GB. the super slim just can't be modded it, the hack was patched in the super slim by sony

The HDD is nothing more than a 2.5 inch SATA drive. It can be upgraded aftermarket without issue, often to Seagate's Hybrid Hard Disk Drive.