Difference between W10 Home and SL for activation.

suresh43

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language pre-installed. I want to clean install. So I downloaded the media creation tool and the options for the windows editions are Windows 10, Windows 10 Home Single Language and Windows 10 N. Now I know I don't want Windows 10 N. So what's the difference between the other two? Does Windows 10 contain everything(pro and all that) and just activates what license it detects?

Will my Windows 10 Home Single Language license work for a normal Windows 10 Home installation? Or do I have to install only the Single Language edition if I want to activate my Windows?

There's a dozen MS sites that tell ya nothing and then there's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions

Thae tab;e at the above link lists all the features on Home Vs Pro ...As for the N version

The N and KN editions of Windows 10 include the same functionality as Windows 10, except for media-related technologies (Windows Media Player) and certain preinstalled media apps (Groove Music, Video, Voice Recorder, and Skype). You must install other software from Microsoft or a third-party for this communication functionality and to play or create audio CDs, media files, and video DVDs, to stream music, and to take and store pictures. New features such as Cortana and PDF viewing in the new Edge browser rely on Windows Media files that are not present in these editions.

suresh43

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

I know the differences between Home and Pro. My questions are these two.

1. Does my Windows 10 Home Single Language license work for Windows 10 Home edition or not?

2. In media creation tool, on the step where we have to choose which edition ISO to download, what should I choose keeping in mind my license for Home Single Language?