[SOLVED] Different monitor resolution question

Apr 15, 2020
I am updating my computer set up to 3 monitors from the one monitor I have. I currently have a Dell S2719DGF 1440p 144hz monitor and I want to add two more monitors as secondary monitors. The main thing I'm struggling to decide upon is whether to go all three with being the Dell S2719DGF so all three are 1440p at 144hz or just get two 1080p monitors at 144hz.

My reasoning for this conflict is that I only use the one monitor for my gaming, so I don't see it as a necessity to have all 3 monitors be 1440p.

Basically, if I had the dell 1440p 144hz with two 1080p 144hz monitors, would it affect my performance at all in general, whether it be gaming or just multitasking in general over all three being 1440p?

my pc specs are listed below. I just want to make sure that I get this right as I could go either way, I would just rather not pay an extra $100-150 each to upgrade if I don't need to.

Basic PC Specs:
CPU : i9 7900X
GPU 1080Ti x2
RAM : 32GB DDR4 @ 2400

Solution
You won't have any noticeable performance difference when adding more monitors. Theoretically the 1080p monitors would be better but the difference is too small. If you are wondering about running different res monitors in general then there are no issues there. I've had different res monitors for years and years.
Apr 15, 2020
Other monitors don't take resources except for vram unless you are doing something on the other monitors. But lower res will take less vram. I believe a blank 1080p monitor takes ~200MB but don't quote me on that.

Ah okay so I shouldn't have any issues then? I am a streamer so I'll have my other application (other than my game) open on those monitors. That's really it. The game will be played on the 1440p monitor.

You won't have any noticeable performance difference when adding more monitors. Theoretically the 1080p monitors would be better but the difference is too small. If you are wondering about running different res monitors in general then there are no issues there. I've had different res monitors for years and years.

Solution