Different PCI-E lock

Bloody George

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hi guys!

Helping out a friend install his new GPU and I came across this weird PCI E lock that I tried to unlatch with no success thus far. I'm sending you guys a picture of it. Do you know how to unlock it so i can remove his old card? The mobo is a 980DE3IU3S3. from Asrock.

IJOc0XN.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Solution

You may just need to wiggle the video card a bit to get it to dislodge. There appears to be no lock in place and it is simply wedged into the slot tightly.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The lock part appears to be missing as it looks like nothing is actually in the slot that is part of the locking tab. When trying to remove the GPU, is the front part (near where attached to the case) or the rear (by the locking part in question), binding/restricting removal?

t53186

Distinguished
Usually it's no big deal, remove any screws securing the the card to the case, then gently press on the latch while pulling up on the card. Very little force required and you might need a long screwdriver or whatever to gently push on the latch.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

You may just need to wiggle the video card a bit to get it to dislodge. There appears to be no lock in place and it is simply wedged into the slot tightly.

Solution