[SOLVED] Different temperatures displaying AI Suite 3

Dercie

Honorable
Jul 31, 2016
Hi,

I run a Asus Z87M-plus with a i7 4790k and I am not sure which AI Suite version to use.

According to ASUS product homepage (which has info from 2015) AI Suite version 1 can be downloaded.

However, there is now a version 3 of AI Suite 3 which I downloaded and it looks to be working fine. It has many more functions than version 1 and one thing I noticed is that the temperature differs.

When I use version 1, the CPU temperature that displays is 35 celcius degrees.

When I use version 3, the CPU temperature that displays is 32 celcius degrees.

Do you guys think that both versions are suitable for my CPU/Motherboard?

Can the reason why I get different temperatures for both versions be that the newer version has settings that make my CPU cooler?

Solution
can you not use the original version to control your fans?
if that's all you want to use it for it shouldn't matter which version.
you just set your custom fan profile and done.
you don't even need the software to run again until you want to change something.
just disable any "start with Windows" options.

if all features in III work for your CPU & motherboard, why not use it?
the temperature stats should be pulled from the motherboard so I would doubt the version of the software would make a difference unless one may take longer to report or something similar.

the fan settings could play a role in this though.
if Fan Xpert has different settings in place on III vs the original that would make a difference.

Dercie

Honorable
Jul 31, 2016
the temperature stats should be pulled from the motherboard so I would doubt the version of the software would make a difference unless one may take longer to report or something similar.

the fan settings could play a role in this though.
if Fan Xpert has different settings in place on III vs the original that would make a difference.
I think that may be the case. Do you think I should have version 3 instead of version 1 even though version 1 is under Asus utilities? I mean, if the temperature gets lower for the CPU it should be better?

can you not use the original version to control your fans?
if that's all you want to use it for it shouldn't matter which version.
you just set your custom fan profile and done.
you don't even need the software to run again until you want to change something.
just disable any "start with Windows" options.

if all features in III work for your CPU & motherboard, why not use it?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS