Difficult situation with my alienware 17 running windows 7

Bantido

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
Difficult problem with my Alienware 17 and windows 7. Its a big text, but Im worried so will try to be as detailed as possible, hence the size. Ive put a TL;DR in the end though, sorry for the incovenience.

My computer had a bad shutdown, and the windows 7 went into startup repair infinite loop (a reasonably common problem, Ive seen many examples in my google searches).

The thing is, Ive exhausted all options (i believe) to easy fix it. The computer doesnt boot into windows in any way, it always goes straight to startup repair, but I can acess the console, windows system restore, etc.

None of the easy solutions worked (attempts at repair through console, system restore, etc). Im pretty sure I have to reinstall windows and thats ok. Problem is, I cant acess the factory restore in my alienware. I can only press f2 or f12 ( which are setup about booting options, but neither solve anything or lead to factory restore) in the alien screen before windows pops up with system repair loop, Ive also tried pressing f8, f9, f10 upon turning it on trying to reach the magical dell restore thing that I cant find.

Sadly I do not posses alienrespawn, nor recovery disks, so I have to find a way to either get a recovery disk (difficult, since dell doesnt operate in my country) or preferable manage to acess dell restore to factory thing.

Another option would be, for what Ive seen, reeinstalling windows. That would require a windows 7 cd to boot from directly, which I dont have because windows came inside the alienware. Though I suppose I could burn windows 7 to a disk. I cant, however, for the life of me find where the supposed serial number for windows 7 that came with the laptop. Would be nice so I dont have to buy another serial.

TL;DR: alienware 17 wont boot properly, startup repair infinite loop windows 7, cant for the life of me find out how to restore to factory settings since I dont have alienrespawn installed, nor recovery disks, nor the f8 seem to do anything.

Sorry for any bad english, its a second language. Accepting any kind of help, thanks in advance for your time.

Did you try calling Alienware for support?

The Windows key is often on a sticker on the laptop; sometimes it is on the bottom. If not, than look at the papers that came with the laptop as there will be a Windows authenticity sticker with the key on it.

Yes, you need a Windows reload.

Bantido

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
OP here. I havent manage to contact them yet, since creating an account in their forums seems broken atm and sadly they do not support my country for phonecalls (I imported the alienware).

There seems to be only two ways, one with a windows 7 CD for me to boot from, which is not recommended by Dell. The other would be to find a way to do a factory restore. I still trying to find any way to do the second one, since it is recommended to do so. Sadly still no sucess. If I ever do fix it Il come back and explain how i did it though.