Digital Storm Releases Hailstorm II Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
And in only a year, maybe two, it's going to be out of date tech.
And In only three years, maybe 4, it's will only be a mid-range gaming system.
Plus you lose out on the fun of picking out the parts and building your own system.

All for only $8k. Not that someone that can afford $8k for a gaming computer cares about any of that.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
With their add here I am sure they would sell more of their watered down version and maybe a few hundred of these, and to ask who would buy these rigs? execs who want to buy their teenage children love buy buying them the top of the line gaming rig, that means non of you guy would but most 99% who don't even read this will

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
3 GTX Titans in SLi don't bring any more returns compared to 2 in SLI in terms of FPS. So 2 grands plus another grand for 3930K, mobo, ram, and I am set. Add EKWB stuff 4 grands max and voila! Someone has to tell these guys to take down their prices. But I guess a Saudi Prince won't mind buying 10 of them!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]crabdog[/nom]Wow. Nice for the 3 people in the world who can afford it.[/citation]

... i can... but that said i would build my own because doing the math, only about 4000$ is accounted for...

[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]I like Halestorm better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmkHqUwa4zgSeriously though, this is just a showpiece. They may sell a few to some people with money to burn but the configuration is well beyond diminishing returns for games.[/citation]

if i want to pull video from games i would get a single titan, just because it would give me the fastest card with out the sli problems that pop up.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
This must be the only way NVidia can sell their titan cards, but seriously the prices are staggering for this. On the low end model, you are paying $1000 for water cooling and whatever support these people offer above and beyond the manufacturers RMA / Microsoft support. On the high end you are paying almost $4000 for the same "Extras." Unless it comes with a 40" touchscreen a windows surface tablet and a windows phone 8 device the prices are just ridiculous.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]... i can... but that said i would build my own because doing the math, only about 4000$ is accounted for...if i want to pull video from games i would get a single titan, just because it would give me the fastest card with out the sli problems that pop up.[/citation]

That's my point too. This system can be had for just around 4 grand with your own watercooling. I intend on adding another Titan to my current system then watercool them. But watercooling these cards isn't even needed when they idle at 26 degrees and load up to 80, mine hits 68 under full load. But again, there are suckers out there who would shell out 10Gs for a boutique PC that most of us can make for half the cost! Cheers to people with functional brains!

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
They are saying it can go UP TO 8 grand. How many people are going to buy 3 Titans? They probably add $1200 or so for a Titan! I can see why people would want to buy high end from companies like this though. Water cooling can be VERY confusing to some. And let's be honest if you can afford the high end components for this, paying a building fee isn't going to kill you! I personally LOVE putting rigs like this together. For something like THAT it would be an all out party!!!

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
How are you guys getting 3 Titans, watercooling, a 3970X, and other parts needed for 4 grand?? The GPU's would be 3 grand ALONE, unless you are just getting 1-2. The system pictured about is probably had for more like 5-6g's.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012

They indeed are charging too much for the Titans. So the advise is that, those with money and can afford this type of systems are better off making their own rigs and just stick to air cooling. The watercooling costs an arm and a leg from these company. So if you really can't do it then you shouldn't have to pay a premium to have it either.

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Again, if you have the 5-6 grand to shell out, paying someone prime money to build it won't kill you. This would be for the well off person without the time or knowledge(mainly knowledge) to build. Some one who just wants the best machine possible even though for gaming its not needed!

[citation][nom]ibjeepr[/nom]And in only a year, maybe two, it's going to be out of date tech.And In only three years, maybe 4, it's will only be a mid-range gaming system.Plus you lose out on the fun of picking out the parts and building your own system.All for only $8k. Not that someone that can afford $8k for a gaming computer cares about any of that.[/citation]

I doubt it. Titan is ahead of the curve for graphics card improvement, so it;ll probably still be a very high end system even three or four years down the road. It might only be comparable to a like $2000 to $4000 gaming system of the time by then, but that's still high-end nonetheless.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012

I plan to build the system above minus 1 titan. A lot of reviews have shown that 3 Titans are making any diffence in gaming, you are mostly getting 10 more frames so it's a waste of money. 2 Titans in SLI is the way to go. So since I have one Titan, adding another with the next Intel Extreme edition, RAM, Mobo and watercooling will only be costing me around 3000. That's 4 grands total and I bet the Titan will be on sale come black Friday or sometime this summer, which should bring the cost down to 2700 or somewhere around there.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012

Even 800 series won't be able to touch the Titan. This card is miles away from anything that will come out in the next 2-3 years. The only cards that will come close will be those based on Volta platform. So you are looking at exactly 2-4 years from now since we are nowhere close to seeing Maxwell yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.