Dimension 2400 / max HD size

Per the sales blurb, it`ll take up to 120Gb (I assume that`s per drive)
internally, but would anything larger connected externally, ie. via USB,
be seen / usable ? (ie. 160Gb via USB2)

Thanks

The Dimension 2400 supports 48-bit LBA addressing, so it should, internally,
take any size drive.

To answer you specific question, I have both a 200GB AND a 250GB drive
connected via USB2 to my 2400 and once the new drive cases arrive tomorrow,
I will also have another 250GB drive and a DVD+/-R drive connected via USB2.

Works flawlessly. My 2400 is my media server and has LOTS of storage. My
plan is to add one more 250GB when this one fills up (soon), so I'll have
over a terabyte on my little 2400.

Tom
"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Per the sales blurb, it`ll take up to 120Gb (I assume that`s per drive)
> internally, but would anything larger connected externally, ie. via USB,
> be seen / usable ? (ie. 160Gb via USB2)
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
> * old email address "btiruseless" abandoned due to worm-generated spam *
> --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---

> The Dimension 2400 supports 48-bit LBA addressing, so it should, internally,
> take any size drive.
>
> To answer you specific question, I have both a 200GB AND a 250GB drive
> connected via USB2 to my 2400 and once the new drive cases arrive tomorrow,
> I will also have another 250GB drive and a DVD+/-R drive connected via USB2.
>
> Works flawlessly. My 2400 is my media server and has LOTS of storage. My
> plan is to add one more 250GB when this one fills up (soon), so I'll have
> over a terabyte on my little 2400.

Superb, thanks for the reply :)