diplay don't turn off after windows 10 turned it off

tylerdurnon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
My disply don't turn on after Windows 10 turned it off.Windows working i hear voices if i cliking etc.But no screen.Only helps if i restart my pc or reconnect my HDMI cable.It workes with video card perfectly, but this problems happens with IGP(MSI B150 motherborad PC mate and i3 6100 processor.

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
Check your bios settings for video output device, should be something like IGP/PCI/AUTO, try not to use AUTO. Switch it to IGP if you want to use internal card. Can I ask why you want to use your internal card if you have a dedicated video card that works?

Your problem is to do with the power management setting of the bios not being configured.
Or enabled.

And also the power profile settings in windows for your system.

You must in the bios enable power management, and for the sleep state or power saving options set a S mode.
Example: S1-S3 or S1-S4.

This allows the windows OS to tell parts of the system when to enter power saving mode such as switching the signal off sent from the graphics card to the monitor.
And it also allows a signal to be sent to wake up the monitor from sleep mode or tells the graphics card to enable signal output once again to the monitor for display.

When power management or S modes are not enabled in the bios of the motherboard it is the reason why a monitor does not wake up if the system has gone into power saving mode, because the wakeup signal or resume normal power signal is not sent.
For example when you press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse after a set time of inactivity of the system.

tylerdurnon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
I find a hotfix for windows10 on the MSI site , now everything works fine.First time i did not saw the install file in it , and tought it s wrong, because as i started it it not installeed , writen something it can not be updated my operating system.But later i find it.