News DirectStorage Bug Drops Frame Rates in Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

umeng2002_2

Commendable
Jan 10, 2022
I'm guessing deleting these files makes the game fall back to the default ones in Windows, if they exist in the System32 folder (or wherever), thereby bypassing any custom RTX IO stuff that may have been included in the shipped files.

mildew

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Deleting these files has vastly improved frame pacing for me. Before, there was something "jerky" gong on, even tho the FPS was way over 60. Now its smooth as. ( 3800X + 3080 )

Last edited:

TheThief

Prominent
Aug 11, 2022
I'm guessing deleting these files makes the game fall back to the default ones in Windows, if they exist in the System32 folder (or wherever), thereby bypassing any custom RTX IO stuff that may have been included in the shipped files.
This is my guess too. The problem will likely get worse over time as the OS files get fixed and improvements and the game ones don't...
So, the bottom line is that Direct Storage does not improve performance (for now).
If we're right, this isn't disabling DirectStorage, only "RTX IO".

Aug 7, 2023
I was wondering why my fps were dropping, my laptop with an RTX 3050 seemed to handle Ray-Tracred Reflection (even though it's a terrible GPU for Ray Tracing) until I go to Sargasso or Blizar Prime. I had to restart the game to fix it because restarting from last checkpoint didn't seem to work.