DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Battlefield 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgabbert12

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG("The application's failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."). GPU:"NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670", Driver: 33165

I have tried everything that I could find to fix this issue. Please someone tell me why this is happening. It has happened on BF3 and BF4 now. It makes the game unplayable. None of my other games have this issue which makes me think it is an issue between EA and Origin.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 7.7
Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB 7.8
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 7.9
Gaming graphics 4096 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9
Primary hard disk 5GB Free (60GB Total) 7.9

If you need anything else to help with my issue please let me know.

hinetoa

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I had this problem, I tried everything, complete reinstalls etc. I just got it today and worked on it today, I paid attention to the kernel messages you briefly that pop up from the task bar. For me it was an issue with Direct3D11 - I rolled it back to 9 and so far, I've tested it for 4 hours now with increasing higher graphics and speed and it's holding. Whereas it's been freezing, crashing after 1-3 minutes.

notFumbles

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
What worked for me was to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist and run DXsetup. I also ran in borderless mode. Fixed I hope this halped because I spent a month trying to fix it. :smileyhappy:

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

how do u roll back to DX 9.0 can u explane new PC all time this problem please help me

vinzie

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I had the same problem, but I found a solution. Instead of connecting my DVI cable to my GPU, I connected it to my motherboard instead and everything works fine now!

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

and now you are not playing on your graphic card,you are playing on HD graphic from you CPU ,don t unplug from your gpu

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

listen mate same problem here,the DirectX is a bad conection in the kernelmode.dll,so the kernelmode.dlls are connected with a net frame work,
so in this case i hade 4.5.2 the lastes net.frame work so it was crashing,and osme progrram can be also problem,so it all matters what kind of version you have on you PC of net.frame work,you know what is ithat right,the Microsoft dot.net.frame works,so in your case delete the last one and just try from net.frame 4.0 + client profile,if still crashes ,go with 4.5,if still go with 4.5.1 and all the way till 4.5.2 one of this net frames must connect with the direct x = the kernelbase dll and crashes will stop,also,go on the game propertis in origin and disable the origin in game,right click on ur desctop icon on the game and compatibility and add Run as administrator ,repair game ,try this things ,and try a BETA driver,don t add windows updates stop them if u r haveing them,so mainly direct x = kernelbase.dll is a fault module and incompatibility with your net.frame work.try it and let me know it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS