Dirt 2 PC Demo Brings DirectX 11 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]I have xbox360 & PC but simply put, if you want the best graphics, PC has the upper-hand imho.[/citation]

When has the PC not had the upper hand in graphics?

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
AS expected, DX11 is visually no different than DX9/10

But hey we got to sell those new DX11 cards :) lol
I am sticking with my HD4870 x2 for a bit longer :)

Maybe I'll wait for another year and switch to the HD6xxx series

Cheers

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I would like to see dx9 vs dx10 vs dx11 photos. I've seen one photo that was dx9 vs dx11, but I would like to see all three since I have dx10 videocards.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]psycho sykes[/nom]Wow! DX11 didn't seem that disappointing in the last couple of reviews! 20% performance loss for 3% visual gain.. Nope..[/citation]

I think that is why they needed the improved hardware with Higher bandwidth. No matter how you put it, DX11 is just a new API, so you will still need to do more GPU executions and push higher amount of pixels through if you want improved visuals.

Cheers

[citation][nom]Euphoria_MK[/nom]AS expected, DX11 is visually no different than DX9/10But hey we got to sell those new DX11 cards lolI am sticking with my HD4870 x2 for a bit longer Maybe I'll wait for another year and switch to the HD6xxx seriesCheers[/citation]

Umm... have you see the screen shots!?
If you look at a highresolution screen shot of Crysis in DX9 vs DX10 you will see the difference. It's obvious and noticable. I have yet to see DX10 vs DX11 though.

[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Consoles are gimmick for noobs.[/citation]
Consoles are user friendly devices that make gaming easy without crashing worring about getting good framerates or viruses and malware. And the only time you have to worry about a console crashing is when the HARDWARE is bad, not the software. Personally I've had a PS3 since shortly after they came out and I am yet to have a single issue. Although I know plenty of XBox 360 owners who can't say the same thing but that's a whole other discussion.

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Euphoria_MK[/nom]Haha, its funny some people grade my posts negative, even when I dont ppost my opinion but rather post a link to a review site. Cheers[/citation]

Funny indeed, especially since you failed to properly read two short sentences.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Bit-Tech did a comparison of DX9 to DX11 in Dirt 2. You take a huge hit in framerate to run DX11 and almost no improvement in graphics across two generations of DirectX. Really disappointing.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]hose of you bashing DX11 and the new cards, dont have clue or cant afford a new card and take it out on these articles. Suck it up.[/citation]

Dont be a kid. Noone is taking it out on the articles. Maybe you should trash talk the reviewer since he is the one that commented about the performance issue and the image quality of DX11.
We are merrily discussing what was said in the article. Read the Bit-Tech review with the image comparison.

BTW, dont worry about our money situation I can assure you that I have plenty of cash to upgrade my rigs. I am just not one of those people who jump on the bandwagon as soon as something new comes out. I'll rather wait for the 5870 revision, or if there is no need for upgrade I'll jump this cycle and wait for the next HD6xxx cards.
I think that my 2 hd4870 1GB in crossfire can provide me with great performance for another year....

Cheers

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]1898[/nom]Funny indeed, especially since you failed to properly read two short sentences.[/citation]
Yes it is funny since you failed to read the two reviews posted at the bottom of the article. Dont be an angry fanboy

Cheers

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]psycho sykes[/nom]Wow! DX11 didn't seem that disappointing in the last couple of reviews! 20% performance loss for 3% visual gain.. Nope..[/citation]
I prefer Open GL to the proprietary crap from MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.