• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Disable integrated graphics when gaming

Freddolam

Prominent
Mar 30, 2020
Hi! I read somewhere that when gaming, my integrated graphics usage should be at 0% which is not the case for me. Is it normal for it to be at around 10-40 during gaming or should it be completely off?
If it should be at 0%, how do I set it so it will not be working during gaming? I changed the setting under nvidia control panel and armoury crate. I don't want to completely disable it under device manager because I still want to use it when I am trying to save battery.

Thanks!

ROG Zephyrus g15
3070 5900HS

Lutfij

Titan
Some percentage of the iGPU does get used when you're on your laptop doing tasks gaming or not. You could try and make sure that the BISO on the laptop is to the latest. The next thing to look for is see that you're on the latest version of Windows 10, we're on version 21H1, at the time of writing. You can then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers(both integrated and discrete) and then manually reinstall your GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS