Disable Motherboard Onboard Video Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohhandrew

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hello, I'm building a computer soon (First time build) and I'm getting a MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155 Motherboard with a Onboard Video Card, I'm also getting a EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB. So my question is, will I have to Disable the Onboard Video Card to use my GTX 670? If so, how do I do that. I really appreciate it the help!

Solution
The onboard video is disabled in the BIOS. I am not familiar with this version - usually they will either have the ability to enable/disable or make the PCIe slot the primary video adapter. In the builds I have done, you will need to connect the monitor to the motherboard video connector, disable the onboard video or assign primary to PCIe, power down, switch connectors to your video card, then install the drivers.
The onboard video is disabled in the BIOS. I am not familiar with this version - usually they will either have the ability to enable/disable or make the PCIe slot the primary video adapter. In the builds I have done, you will need to connect the monitor to the motherboard video connector, disable the onboard video or assign primary to PCIe, power down, switch connectors to your video card, then install the drivers.

Solution

Ohhandrew

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.