[SOLVED] disable wifi options

theyikes

Reputable
Aug 21, 2018
Hi folks! Just wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm trying to hide the wifi options in windows. I have an elderly friend who keeps clicking on the wifi and flight mode. Here's the image:
Untitled.png

I need to hide the 3 options highlighted.
I would really really appreciate any help.

Solution
Well, if you're saying that she keeps activating the Network option from the system tray you can easily choose to show/hide any of the items that appear there.

Open Settings, Personalization, Taskbar Pane - then search for the Turn system icons on and off link under the Notification Area section. Activate that link and you'll be presented with a series of toggles.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, if you're saying that she keeps activating the Network option from the system tray you can easily choose to show/hide any of the items that appear there.

Open Settings, Personalization, Taskbar Pane - then search for the Turn system icons on and off link under the Notification Area section. Activate that link and you'll be presented with a series of toggles.

Solution

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
You're quite welcome. A decent percentage of my client base is senior citizens of the non-tech-savvy type, so I'm familiar with "hiding for their own good."

[And, yes, I always ask first. And virtually always I get the response, "If it will prevent me from accidentally screwing something up then do it!"]