Question Disabling GPU overclocking

Aug 25, 2020
I have windows 10 installed on my laptop.It has gt740m in it.I overclocked it and then after sometime some games started getting low fps.Now i want to remove or disable overclocking.I reset my pc without uninstalling msi afterburner.Now my pc is working on the settings with overclocking.What should I do now.Need help!

Ferimer

Distinguished
I have windows 10 installed on my laptop.It has gt740m in it.I overclocked it and then after sometime some games started getting low fps.Now i want to remove or disable overclocking.I reset my pc without uninstalling msi afterburner.Now my pc is working on the settings with overclocking.What should I do now.Need help!
Hit the reset button on the MSI afterburner and apply and save the settings

I'm not that familiar with Nvidia, but is this GPU (and driver) of the era when overclocking was enabled by registry hacks? The CoolBits hack as I remember it. Afterburner would have enabled it but it may not disable it, or can't if it's not there anymore. If so, disabling that in the registry may be necessary.

Aug 25, 2020
I'm not that familiar with Nvidia, but is this GPU (and driver) of the era when overclocking was enabled by registry hacks? The CoolBits hack as I remember it. Afterburner would have enabled it but it may not disable it, or can't if it's not there anymore. If so, disabling that in the registry may be necessary.
Can you guide me through the process?Btw my gpu is from 2014.

I Can't find COOLBITS in my registry.
That was an old-school method for overclocking Nvidia cards, it was an outside shot for yours and only suggested because your card is so old.

Next thing to try would be a clean re-install of Nvidia GPU drivers. Use Display Driver Uninstaller to clean up all residual nonsense.

Aug 25, 2020
That was an old-school method for overclocking Nvidia cards, it was an outside shot for yours and only suggested because your card is so old.

Next thing to try would be a clean re-install of Nvidia GPU drivers. Use Display Driver Uninstaller to clean up all residual nonsense.

Already done that two times but no results so far.Now I am reinstalling my OS.