[SOLVED] Disadvantages of WD green SSD over blue SSD??

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
So I'm going to be building a new pc soon and I'm not really sure which SSD to buy the 500 gb green SSD is only 5 dollars more than a 250 gb blue SSD in my country.... So are there any disadvantages to a green SSD? I've heard they don't last long is that true?

Solution
The blue SSD is their mainstream SSD. The green is their entry SSD but to be quite honest I wouldn't go for any of those.

Is there a reason you wanna go for the Western Digital SSD? I recommend going for a samsung ssd.

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
The WD SSD green is 3 years old tech. Even the 2018 samsung 860 evo is like 94% better than that green. They don't last for long and they are very slow. Where do you live and where do you buy your parts? Maybe we could help find you one.
It's fine thanks a lot for your help you probably wouldn't even know my country :p it's small and far away it's name is Mauritius.there are other shops that do sell them but I have to go look for them, now that you mention it I'll go check if I can find some. thanks..

It's fine thanks a lot for your help you probably wouldn't even know my country :p it's small and far away it's name is Mauritius.there are other shops that do sell them but I have to go look for them, now that you mention it I'll go check if I can find some. thanks..

Samsung 860 evo or the Intel SSD 660p would be a good choice for you :) They are like the most popular ssd right now. Sells like cupcakes.