[SOLVED] Disappearing wifi network

DaveClydesdale

Commendable
Nov 6, 2019
Hi all.

My wifi network has disappeared from the list of available networks on my Windows 10 PC and I have no idea why.

The network is still working on all other devices (laptop, phone, firestick all just fine) and all of my heighbours' networks still appear on the list, just not mine! It's nothing to do with distance from the router as it has always worked here and my phone and laptop still connect no problem when sat next to the PC.

I can connect to my phone's hotspot and use the internet just fine on the PC, which connects using a TP-Link wireless dongle.

I have reset the machine, the TC/IP stack and the router, all to no avail.

Any ideas why just my network is not showing up and how I may fix it?

Thanks!

Solution
Hi all.

My wifi network has disappeared from the list of available networks on my Windows 10 PC and I have no idea why.

The network is still working on all other devices (laptop, phone, firestick all just fine) and all of my heighbours' networks still appear on the list, just not mine! It's nothing to do with distance from the router as it has always worked here and my phone and laptop still connect no problem when sat next to the PC.

I can connect to my phone's hotspot and use the internet just fine on the PC, which connects using a TP-Link wireless dongle.

Thanks!
Your router...

DaveClydesdale

Commendable
Nov 6, 2019
Hello.

Windows 10
i7 3550 3.4ghz
8gb RAM
AMD RX560
1tb HHD
TP-Link Archer T2UH wifi dongle

I did actually uninstall the dongle and re-install. No luck. All of the other available networks are showing, just mine has disappeared!!

Cheers,
Dave

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all.

Thanks!
Your router may have the channel set to "Auto" It may have decided to change to a channel that is not valid for your wireless adapter. The valid channels are different depending on country. Login to your router. Manually set the 2.4Ghz channel to 1, 6, 11. Set the 5Ghz channel to 36. Those are both legal channels in all countries.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution

TRENDING THREADS