Disassemble G9X?

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hello,
I just upgraded from a RAT 7 to a G9X and I'm loving it. I only have 2 complaints. One, the right click is rather "squishy" it has to be pressed rather far in order to register. Two, the middle mouse button is rather hard to press. I can live with both of these issues, but I was curious if it'd be worth my time to disassemble the mouse and attempt to place a spacer between the right click and the sensor and to soften out the spring on the MMB. Opinions?

the screws required for disassembly on mice are either under the teflon feet or under a tamper proof foil. i wouldnt try it unless you wish to void your warranty.

if the right click feels squishy and not like the model you tested in the store then just return it and try a different one. could be something wrong with it. if its just like the model in the store then that will not work.

not sure about the mmb. probably possible but most likely not worth your time. also remember that you want it to be stiff... or else you will be accidentally hitting it all the time when scrolling the mousewheel.