Disconnect Mobile Returns To The Play Store Two Weeks After Google Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
google will take it down again. Google rely's on tracking on multiple of there apps and even has a API for it. Google doesn't want ad blockers or anything else that would prevent user data from being tracked because they want to use that information for better targeted ads.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
google will take it down again. Google rely's on tracking on multiple of there apps and even has a API for it. Google doesn't want ad blockers or anything else that would prevent user data from being tracked because they want to use that information for better targeted ads.
If Google takes it down again, I would really think about filing a complaint against them in the courts on this if I was Disconnect Mobile's makers.
My opinion is that unless something is actively malware/malicious, it should be allowed and the end-user should decide what is allowed to be installed on their phone.

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
There needs to be more transparency about what exactly this app blocks. "Blocking tracking" is rather broad. Tracking needs to be defined by the company and a log of what is being blocked should also be included. I have installed the app and as far as i can tell it does nothing, in fact, there's no way to quantify the effectiveness of the app in any way, shape or form. For all I know the app is actually tracking me instead of blocking anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.