Disconnecting from games

TweakyGhost

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
Hi! I have a pretty bad connection I must say, it just keeps throwing me out of any game I try to play. What happens is that when I'm playing, randomly I'd say, the internet disconnects for a few secs (the time is so small that when I notice that I'm disconnected, the connection is back) but that is enough to throw me out of the game. Is there any thing I can do which would make the server think I'm still in or something? I know I'm supposed to contact the ISP but they are of no help. Any help would be appreciated.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
If I were you.. I'd try to pinpoint the problem. Are you using a wireless connection? If so, then perhaps you have a weak connection or something is causing interferrence. Try changing your wireless Channel on the router. If your computer has a wired connection... then it's possible there is is something eating up your bandwidth. Have you tried removing tracking cookies from your computer? The best program for that is SuperAntiSpyware FREE Edition.

TweakyGhost

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

No, it is wired connection. I'll use that program and tell you what came up, ty.

NSJoker

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Have you tried unplugging your router for 5 minutes then plugging it back in? This completely refreshes your router. You can also try it unplugging it for 1 minute, but I believe 5 minutes is better.

If that doesn't work, do a factory reset on your router by getting a little pin and holding down a small little button which should be on the back of your router. This will reset your router's settings including wifi password if you changed any settings through your router control panel.

If that still doesn't work, make sure you have the latest drivers for your network adapters, which you can obtain through your PC manufacturer's website, then go to the support section and search your motherboard name. (if you have an Asus motherboard, go to Asus, if you have a Dell, then go to Dell).

If that still doesn't work, contact the support for the game you're playing, if it's a Blizzard game, they are usually very good at doing this, even better than most ISPs support.

Also, make sure nobody is hijacking your wifi.