Question Disconnecting the point of entry coax cable for a Moca setup.

knowledge2121

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
I am not using the coax wiring in the house except for moca.

To increase performance and stop interference I want to disconnect the point of entry coax cable in the coax box outside of the house.

In addition to disconnecting the point of entry coax cable from the splitter in the box, should i disconnect all coax cables from all splitters ?

Does it make a difference ?

USAFRet

Titan
I am not using the coax wiring in the house except for moca.

To increase performance and stop interference I want to disconnect the point of entry coax cable in the coax box outside of the house.

In addition to disconnecting the point of entry coax cable from the splitter in the box, should i disconnect all coax cables from all splitters ?

Does it make a difference ?
Do you have internet and/or TV coming in via the coax?

If not, disconnect.
Unlikely it would 'increase performance', though.

Disconnecting from all splitters?
That will likely kill whatever MOCA thing you have going. All your coax cables need to be linked up somewhere.

Create a detailed diagram of where everything is and how it is all connected.

It is normally recommended that you disconnect anything that is not being used and remove and unnecessary splitters. On splitters you have to keep they have caps you can put on unused ports.

Now will this actually make any difference, hard to say, maybe try it first and see how well it performs. I would disconnect the cable going outside the house more to prevent your moca boxes from interfering with stuff, normally you place a moca filter on the incoming line if you have a cable modem to prevent interfering with the ISP and your neighbors.

knowledge2121

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
It is normally recommended that you disconnect anything that is not being used and remove and unnecessary splitters.

You mean disconnect EVERYTHING in the coax box and take out ALL splitters from the box as well ?

We are not using the coax wiring for anything except moca... there is a coax outlet VERY close to the modem downstairs and there is one in my bedroom. Those are the places i want to install the moca adapters at.

USAFRet

Titan
You mean disconnect EVERYTHING in the coax box and take out ALL splitters from the box as well ?

We are not using the coax wiring for anything except moca... there is a coax outlet VERY close to the modem downstairs and there is one in my bedroom. Those are the places i want to install the moca adapters at.
Is there direct coax connectivity between those 2 locations?

TRENDING THREADS