Question Discord Freezes Semi-Randomly When Tabbed Out

iiSlashr

Honorable
Mar 10, 2019
For the past month or so, any time I am not actively interacting with the Discord app, after a seemingly random amount of time it will freeze. No pings will come through, I get disconnected from any voice chats I'm in, and it only comes back after clicking back into the window. This can be very disruptive, since I rely on hearing the ping audio to check messages and it does not play the sound as usual when disconnecting me from the call, so I just have to realize that nobody's talked in a while or happen to tab in to send a message myself to know it's happened. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
one fix seems to be to close discord, and go into task manager and close all its background processes, and reload it again. Sometimes it can get stuck and just not work right.

One suggested fix was update app but it does that automatically on my PC at startup.

disabling hardware acceleration is another option.

A few more offered here (don't buy anything) - https://recorder.easeus.com/screen-recording-resource/discord-keeps-crashing.html

Jun 22, 2024
For the past month or so, any time I am not actively interacting with the Discord app, after a seemingly random amount of time it will freeze. No pings will come through, I get disconnected from any voice chats I'm in, and it only comes back after clicking back into the window. This can be very disruptive, since I rely on hearing the ping audio to check messages and it does not play the sound as usual when disconnecting me from the call, so I just have to realize that nobody's talked in a while or happen to tab in to send a message myself to know it's happened. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Having the same issue, find a fix yet?

fic

Jun 23, 2024
i have the same issue for months now, didnt find a fix

Jun 22, 2024
This might be related to windows sending discord into efficiency mode, check if that is the case. If so i tried disabling efficiency mode in it, but it keeps reenabling itself, in that case, go to task manager, expand the discord instance, right click on the discord one that is in efficiency mode, press go to details, and then right click that instance and set priority to normal, this seems to have reduced it for me, but I'm not sure its completely gone.