Dishonored 2 Performance Question

Alex_158

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
So, I've read a lot about poor Dishonored 2 performance, along with what seems like unfulfilled promises to fix the performance problems throughout the lifespan of the game by Bethesda.

I've got a GTX 1080 Ti OC + 6800k @ 4.2ghz @ 1.35v, and I am baffled by what I am seeing.

I do not get full GPU utilization (no thermal throttling either, a nice 60 degrees), and I never get full CPU utilization on any of the cores, but on Ultra settings (should be easily handled at 1080p with the 1080ti, certain areas (at 50% GPU usage, and maybe 70% cpu usage on one of the cores), I get about 80 fps.

I can turn down the settings to very-low, and at a similar GPU usage / cpu usage, I will get 110 fps.

Why is nothing changing in the utilization on either the GPU or CPU, yet the performance change is so significant? Why aren't the GPU or CPU reaching even close to full utilization?

Are there some things (performance fixes, NVidia settings, etc) that I am missing out, or is this game just plagued with poor optimization?

my system specs are as follows :

cpu: i7-6800k @ 4.2ghz @ 1.35v
gpu: GTX 1080 Ti with a very mild overclock
ram: 32 GB 2133mhz DDR4 (I think crucial?)
OS: windows 10 (latest version at the time of this post)
NVidia Geforce Game Ready Driver : Version 390.65

1VWoCgp.jpg

Ultra Settings OSD Reading for GPU and CPU Cores

t42ga2N.jpg

Very-Low Settings OSD Reading for GPU and CPU Cores

Solution
Never did this kind of test to check GPU and CPU usage in this game, but yes the game is still a mess don't bother about it. You are lucky to be running at 72 fps though. I couldn't go beyond the 65 in big cities. So sad.

FabioXN7

Respectable
Jul 18, 2017
Never did this kind of test to check GPU and CPU usage in this game, but yes the game is still a mess don't bother about it. You are lucky to be running at 72 fps though. I couldn't go beyond the 65 in big cities. So sad.

Solution

Alex_158

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016

I agree. I don't usually like to just think "well, I should be happy with what I'm getting because X, Y, or Z". But it's just upsetting to see that the card isn't even being used beyond 50-60%!

Thanks for your response!

Aug 2, 2018
I finished Dishonored 1(yeah i know kinda late but i did so) and started dishonored 2 now and i was like: holy s@#$ something happened to my vídeo cards (2 x GTX 1080 SLI). FPS too low on ultra settings. Poor performance . So searching on google find out that is generalized problem since launch. That's incredible, almost 2 years since launch and still crap performance. Shame on you developers!