Disk Constantly Full Causing Crashes To Games And Inability To Download

plaushint

Commendable
Jun 9, 2018
Hello, I would want to clear things up first. This isn't the first time it happened to me, the last time it happened was due to alot of out of date drivers, when I mean a lot, I mean a lot. The problem went away after I updated them.

Now, the problem is back. All my drivers have been updated. It started when I decided to update my sound driver after a game prompted me to update my drivers. Launched Driver Booster 6 and let it automatically update that one driver. I was downloading it at 230 KBs, I usually download at 5 or so MB/s. I assumed it was something wrong with the server and left it to download overnight. Before I went to work, I turned my PC off, didn't really make sure it has completed installing as the green progress bar was gone. Came back decided to play Fortnite, PC took an extremely long time to boot, 2 min 30 seconds. The game took forever to load when it did finish loading, my pc crashed with a static sound followed by a beep. Rebooted decided to try another game, Conan Exiles, happend that this game needs an update. Steam updated it, started from 7 MB/s and slowly went to 300 KB/s before 0 Bytes/second. My internet connect was perfectly fine. This didn't go on forever, once in awhile, it will return to the 'normal' 5 or so MB/s and then drop down to 0, 30 seconds later. I noticed something, every time it was download, my disk load was only 90% and when it wasn't it was 100%. The same problem happened when I tried to install a programme. Rebooted it again and again, hoping it will fix itself. It did after 10 reboots, everything was back to normal. However the next day, it returned. Same problems, but I decided to check my disk usage after this first crash, it was at 100% constantly despite almost no programmes are running, roughly 2 Mb/s. Can somebody tell me what is going on? Is it due to the driver update or something else. Thanks, in advance.

P.S: A few weeks ago windows kept bugging me with disk space error, assumed it was a bug and ignored it. Now that annoying pop up is gone. Could have that been the case?

Edit: Disabled 'Windows Search' seems to fix the problem, so far. But downloading still isnt smooth, on and off. Games are laggy too.
Oh god, the lag was due to my GPU being at 100% even when I'm not playing a GPU intensive game. Even cities skylines with nothing going on is laggy.

plaushint

Commendable
Jun 9, 2018

1.81 TB for C:
450MB for E:

plaushint

Commendable
Jun 9, 2018

Ahh don't really know where I got it from. Bought my computer off Dell, Alienware area 51. Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.285

Edit: Everything is back to 'normal', when things are 'normal' the disk is at 8-10% even while I'm playing. But I still need help