[SOLVED] Disk corrupted error (0x8900001D). What does that mean?

Nrusinha Prasad

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
I am facing a lot of lags on my system, of course in games, but outside it as well. It basically freezes anytime it feels like it but mostly when I click on anything. So I got the CrystalDiskInfo software installed and that showed yellow dots on "Reallocated Sector count" and "Current Pending Sector count". So I assumed it is a hard disk problem since it has been about 5 years now. It is a Toshiba 1TB 5400rpm HDD. So I have ordered a new SSD to add alongside it. But to be sure I also ran the "mdsched.exe" command via run window. And when I went into the Event Viewer to check for it's result, I happened to fall upon an error in the Application menu of the Windows logs that had this message : "The volume Movies (E: ) was not optimized because an error was encountered: The disk is corrupted. (0x8900001D)".

So my question is that is my HDD is still useable or do I have to get rid of it? And is my RAM really fine or do I need to upgrade/change them as well? I didn't find any real answers on the internet for this particular error code. So any help/info will be appreciated

My laptop specs are:
Asus FX553VD
12GB 2400MHz RAM
1TB Toshiba MQ04ABF100 5400RPM HDD
Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz CPU
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 GPU

Thanks