disk usage 100%, but usage 0mb

Sleepovr

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
hello guys. i have lenovo y510p laptop. lately, my laptop's disk usage often go to 100% without reason. i get it if the disk usage 100 and program use xx mb disk usage, but more often disk usage at 100%, but no program have more than 0 disk usage. when that thing happened, i can't do anything browsing = waiting for cache, photoshop and any other program are not responding,

is this a software issue (os, virus, etc), or my hdd is corrupt ?

Solution

Thank you all for the reply. Right now I found temporary solution (it's working +- 9 hours without freeze). I log on my laptop, and wait it for entering sleeping mode. After that I wait for a minute or two, and start using it. Viola ! (I don't even know why it behave this way)

Anyway, this is the chkdsk pic

cDKJqii

if the image did not appear, this is the link : http://imgur.com/cDKJqii

G

Do a virus scan. Then download CCleaner and clean your disk. It will most likely clear the disk of unwanted clutter.

Sleepovr

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
thanks. i've checking for virus (using norton 360), and clean it with cc cleaner.

i'll test it for a couple hours to confirm if it is working or not.

edit : after 5 minutes ... nope ... doesnt help. still 100% disk usage ...

i think this is it ... the hdd is broken ...

Sleepovr

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
@D_Know_WD i've installed hdtune. health status read yellow (warning). error scan result = 12 damages blocks (0.6%).

right now i'm really don't know what to do. i'm on my final semester doing my final (less than one month deadline).

i guess the right diagnose is my hdd = corrupt

G

Yeah, it's corrupt. But for a bit more info, please post screenshots of the program results.
Also, open 'cmd' and type 'chkdsk' and let us know the results...

Sleepovr

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016

Thank you all for the reply. Right now I found temporary solution (it's working +- 9 hours without freeze). I log on my laptop, and wait it for entering sleeping mode. After that I wait for a minute or two, and start using it. Viola ! (I don't even know why it behave this way)

Anyway, this is the chkdsk pic

cDKJqii

if the image did not appear, this is the link : http://imgur.com/cDKJqii

Solution
G

Well, the results look fine, but anyways, the drives are not to be trusted now, get new ones.