Question Disk usage spikes cause headset static/loss of audio, keyboard/mouse input, and occasional game crashing.

Dec 22, 2021
I've tried figuring out my issues by myself but after many hours of troubleshooting and attempted fixing, I've decided to come here to hopefully get some help.

I will try to describe my current issue as best as possible, as the title states I lose audio in my headset and most times get static instead, other times I'll completely lose input with my mouse and keyboard, sometimes on its own or combined with the static issue, and other times the game will freeze and lose audio and then crash to desktop. A majority of the time when the freezing or static issue's occur, at least initially I can watch my SSD usage (which has my OS installed on it) spike up, most of the time while playing it stays at 0% and my HDD has high usage, where the game is installed, but whenever these issues occur i can almost always watch it spike to higher amounts, and with crashes it'll spike to 100% and lock up until the game force closes.

Before this I was also having an issue where my SSD would spike to 100%, computer would freeze, then my screens would go black and I'd have to force restart it to get it back, after installing PCTuneUp and running every possible scan and clean, the black screening has stopped, but the other issues persist, if anyone has any idea what could be causing these issues I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

In case it is needed, my pc specs are as follows;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: PRIME-X570-PRO
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 Ti
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR4
HDD: 8TB wdc wd80efax-68knbn0
SSD: 500GB Samsung SSD 860 eVO

Dec 22, 2021
It completely slipped my mind to include the fact that since having this issues I have tried updating my BIOS and graphics drivers to the newest versions and also uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics drivers to no avail.

I also recently had my game start lagging, got static through my headset, lost input with mouse and keyboard, then my pc lost internet connection, I had to hard restart to fix everything, even unplugging and plugging the mouse/keyboard back in didnt solve the input issue.

Last edited: