disk write at 100% in task manager

mullac27

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
This is making my compuer very slow and i have googled the solution which people seem to suggest is to go to systems and disable BITS and superfetch. I am hesitant to doing this and wondered if someone could explain what was being turned off and weather it was a good idea to do so?

Solution

If you have an old disc drive that might be part of your problem so you might need to update it

I myself have this same problem on my old computer and when I switch out the drive with a drive of the same brand just newer it works faster and uses less % in task manager on the same tasks
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do start with a virus/malware scan.
- You can use this link for tools and guides.
http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- After these scan do run Windows Update and install all the important update there is.
- Do also open Task Manager and disable all the startup items then reboot the PC and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Worst case if all these will not work is to clean install Windows 10.

Simthaniel

Distinguished
May 9, 2016

If you have an old disc drive that might be part of your problem so you might need to update it

I myself have this same problem on my old computer and when I switch out the drive with a drive of the same brand just newer it works faster and uses less % in task manager on the same tasks

Solution