Question Disk Write Error

Aug 27, 2020
Good Evening,

Every time I try to install a game via Steam, I encounter disk write errors multiple times throughout the installation process. Even though I can resume the installation, it almost always results in a corrupted installation and I have to then scan and repair the game files. I also have to scan and repair for installations via other game clients as well, such as battle.net, though I don't receive a disk write error during the installation. I have followed guidance from various forums such as deleting the download cache or reinstalling the game client, but to no avail. I have tried installing games to all 3 of my SSDs and have changed out the SATA cables/tried different SATA ports on the motherboard as well but I get the error every time. I have even completely reinstalled windows. Nothing has worked.

Specs:

CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: GTX1080
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI PLUS
Boot Drive: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB
Other Drives: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB/250GB.

I appreciate any help in this matter!

Aug 27, 2020
Update: I also have an issue where one of my SSDs isn't recognized. A restart usually fixes this. I didn't mention it originally the first time because its been months since one of my SSDs disappeared, but it happened again today.

Aug 27, 2020
As I was planning on upgrading my mobo anyway, I decided to replace my mobo to see if that was the issue. I am happy to report that I have not experienced any issues with my SSDs since the swap. I am assuming it was the SATA controller that was the problem.