Disk write protcted

marcnonglait

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
hello! good morning
my 4gb DataTraveler ive been using for the passd few months working just fine..but just these passd few days i cannot perform any task while trying to delete the existing files,cut,format etc.. ..disk write protected was the results..please find me a way to remove that disk write protected and let me have my pen drive back

rajiv1990

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Try the HP disk formatting tool @ http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool.shtml. May be it's helpful.
Also try scanning your pc as well as the DataTraveler for any viruses and worms.
If it is still impossible use the cmd.exe from the start menu and try to format with format command.Try format /? for any help.
Or use attrib /? or even attrib /d /s -h -r -s -a to remove the attributes of any specific files to be deleted by removing their system hidden and read only attributes.By doing so you can delete those files that are not under started processes.If any of the files cannot be deleted because the processes have been started then try ending the processes from the task manager or even using the tskill command.Try tskill /? for any help.
May be this should do the job.