Disney Just Closed Game Publisher LucasArts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibinho

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Everyday, i see less reasons to live. The best are all going down. Everything good is going down. :( Must Fight It. and I swear this: I will revive It. I will recreate the Great Games. Even if i start small and alone. But I will. I will recreate the Good Games. Battlefront, Empire at War, wait for me. I will Bring Glory back to the Star Wars Franchise.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
[citation][nom]Chibinho[/nom]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Everyday, i see less reasons to live. The best are all going down. Everything good is going down. Must Fight It. and I swear this: I will revive It. I will recreate the Great Games. Even if i start small and alone. But I will. I will recreate the Good Games. Battlefront, Empire at War, wait for me. I will Bring Glory back to the Star Wars Franchise.[/citation]

ever heard of kickstarter projects?

DXHHH18

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
I love Lucasarts as much as the next guy but this has been a longtime coming. They are simply no longer the great publisher they once were and the quality of their games has been declining for some time.

Dax corrin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I spent way too much time flying Tie fighters in XWing vs Tie Fighter... I had always hoped LA would release another flight sim...my hopes are now dashed.

G

It is sad to see them go on such short notice, but you have to remember Disney owns the rights and it wouldn't be Lucas Arts, it would be Disney Arts.

I was really looking forward to 1313 and especially a Battlefront 3!

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I was very saddened by this news earlier today. The worst part is that 1313 is likely gone, multiple sources have reported that Disney attempted to get other studios to pick it up and failed. It could still be picked up but it's unlikely. It's real shame, 1313 had real potential.

But, they did say that they will license out future Star Wars games, Battlefront and Knights of the Old Republic could live on. And that gives me hope, though only a small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.