Disney Patent Points Towards 3D Gaming Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Disney device better be able to do much more to be considered purchase worthy. But geez the potential this thing will have in the naughty naughty dept.....lol.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Actually Nintendo have got a seriously loyal fanbase centred around some dead-horse flogging exclusive IP like Mario and Zelda, maybe Disney can do the same with Disney, Marvel and Star wars - some pretty highball IP right there

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Would be interesting to see what Disney could do with this in their theme parks or movie theaters with say 3D glasses with camera's built in where your instructed/guided into taking pictures of objects that come to life on you Alice in Wonderland could be even more of a mind trip with augmented reality.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually Nintendo have got a seriously loyal fanbase centred around some dead-horse flogging exclusive IP like Mario and Zelda, maybe Disney can do the same with Disney, Marvel and Star wars - some pretty highball IP right there[/citation]
If they have star wars and Kingdom Hearts on it then I would consider it.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Actually Nintendo have got a seriously loyal fanbase centred around some dead-horse flogging exclusive IP like Mario and Zelda, maybe Disney can do the same with Disney, Marvel and Star wars - some pretty highball IP right there[/citation] You can only call them dead-horse when they stop being good. They all still have good stories and great gameplay. You cannot say that about COD 35 with new M4 scope and zombie mode... which is same as the old zombie mode....

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]liquidchild[/nom]You can only call them dead-horse when they stop being good. They all still have good stories and great gameplay. You cannot say that about COD 35 with new M4 scope and zombie mode... which is same as the old zombie mode....[/citation]
I am sick to the back teeth with Mario, it was good about 15 sequels ago, now it just getting a bit tired, like watching all 30 Carry On movies back-to-back

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
This is getting insane! A Disney console would be it's own beast and certainly geared towards kids instead of trying to compete with Sony/Microsoft.

But still, now on the console list we have:
-Microsoft
-Sony
-Disney
-Nvidia
-Steam

Consoles everywhere!!

G

Disney already has a handheld console (I forget the name of it). My brother's kid got one for Christmas. I tried out it briefly. It wasn't too bad. It kinda looks like a colorful PSP and it uses cartridges. The game I tried was simplistic, but fun. Kind of like a browser game.

Overall, I'd say that Disney could pull this off well. Make a cheap, kid-friendly 3D game console, and they'll give Nintendo a run for their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.