Question Display cuts out and graphics card fan gets really loud

Oct 7, 2020
I started having this issue two days ago when I moved my pc from my room to the lounge to get a better internet connection. When I plugged everything in and turned on my pc nothing was being displayed on the screens. I plugged my laptop in to the screen to see if it was the monitor and it was displaying video fine. So I decided to take my graphics card out and then unplug some of my cables and re plug them in.

I finally turned on and then a couple hours later when I was playing rainbow six siege. The display on my monitors cut out and the fan on my graphics card starts to get really loud so I turned it off and unplugged some stuff and it eventually worked.

This has happened again and I can’t manage to get my pc to display video again. Earlier today for no reason at all my pc restarted mid game. My pc also turned off for no reason and when I came back after an hour it turned on and worked.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and informational events that correspond with the times the fan got loud and other problems that occurred.

Overall, the PSU is a likely suspect but more information is needed.