display doest show free sync..

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
So my freesync monitor doesnt show freesync its looks like a normal 144hz monitor
I enabled freesync on AMD settings and it shows me that freesync is enabled but my game looks shit the game work just fine on 144 fps
so how can I fix it?

Solution

If he's able to activate FreeSync in AMD settings, then we know the monitor is configured and connected correctly.

FreeSync only works when your framerate is below the monitor's refresh rate. If your FPS is 144 or above, then FreeSync does not apply.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
What exact monitor?

What exactly is your issue? Saying it "looks shit" doesn't tell us much, are you sure you're experiencing screen tearing?

Are you hitting >144 fps? If so you're outside the freesync range and you'll be back to having screen tearing. If you're right at 144 fps your fps is likely being capped with regular v sync, which can result in perceived stuttering and/or input lag.

If he's able to activate FreeSync in AMD settings, then we know the monitor is configured and connected correctly.

FreeSync only works when your framerate is below the monitor's refresh rate. If your FPS is 144 or above, then FreeSync does not apply.

Solution