Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Desperately need help!!!

Feb 27, 2018
Hey guys, so I know this issue has been covered in like 20 different threads, and I've tried to follow the suggestions but got no where. I just installed a AMD Radeon R7 240 graphics card and 650W Thermalkate power supply, and everything works absolutely fine until I try to run a game or play a video. In which case the screen blacks out for a second, and when it turns back on the game screen is solid white and a notification pops up in the bottom right corner saying "Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." And I have to force close the game. I've tried AMD clean install, I ran DDU and reinstalled the AMD drivers from the install disc, I've increased the TDR value to 8, and I've made sure the card itself is seated properly and the fan spins. And I've gotten exactly no where. And it really sucks because the whole reason I upgraded our PC is because my daughter loves to play modded Minecraft and the system was extremely laggy before, and now it just plain won't work. And I feel like crap cause I got her super stoked about beefing up our computer. So any help would be an absolute life saver. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Here's my system specs:

HP Pavilion P6631p
Windows 7 64-bit SP1
MOBO: N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX
CPU: AMD Athlon II 635 2.9 ghz quad-core
RAM: 8 GB
HDD: 750 GB
PSU: Thermalkate Smart 650W
GPU: XFX - Core Edition AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Feb 27, 2018
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. So I went to the link you gave me, downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card, ran DDU, installed the drivers, and tried to run Minecraft... And about 60 seconds into it, the driver stopped responding. I really don't get what's going on. I mean it works for everything else. I literally have my PC hooked up to my tv through the HDMI port on the card right now and it works no problem. I just ran Resident Evil 0 on Dolphin emulator and it was as smooth as silk with no crash. But the moment I try to run Minecraft or Bendy and the Ink Machine it won't even last a minute. Just like YouTube works but if I try to watch say The Walking Dead on AMC's website it crashes. Just makes no sense to me.