Display Driver Crashing

Feb 19, 2018
My display driver is crashing during at random time's. I did my research and found out the TdrDelay could be to blame. I've tried going in the registry and editing the values. However, whenever I reset so they'll take effect they're back where they started. Which leads me to believe the Nvidia driver is resetting them. I'd like to change the settings within the Nvidia control panel, but the context menu's I need aren't present. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mOAkr

Hard to know what's causing it when you don't mention what your GPU is, what games you're experiencing it on, what game settings you're using, and what OS you're running.

From what I've read, if the registry editing trick doesn't fix it, MS says it's usually due to things like an unstable OC, too high game settings, or too many background programs running.

TdrDelay is a part of Windows, but that doesn't necessarily mean Windows is to blame.

Feb 19, 2018
Hey, thanks for the reply. It's a GeForce 330m on Windows 8.1. I'm fairly certain it's Windows as it happens outside of any game what so ever. It's a 15" Macbook Pro running bootcamp which could play a part as well. My main concern is the TdrRelay changes to the registry aren't sticking. There's also no option in nvidia to tweak it.