Question Display driver fails to start

republicgamer01

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
after installing a new graphics driver my monitor goes off while playing games. Windows notification says "Display driver failed to start". Only restarting seems to fix it. I've tried clean reinstalling the driver , uninstalling my graphics card and even cleaned my GPU, since i thought the dust was the culprit. But still it keeps crashing (only)during gaming. Also sometimes my screen is displayed in black and white manner with altered resolution, and hangs there, again only restarting fixes it. My windows version is 1909. Only after reinstalling the new driver this problem started which is a few days back.

D

Deleted member 14196

Use DDU To remove all graphics drivers in safe mode and once you reboot install the older driver that used to work

republicgamer01

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
Use DDU To remove all graphics drivers in safe mode and once you reboot install the older driver that used to work

after installing a new graphics driver my monitor goes off while playing games. Windows notification says "Display driver failed to start". Only restarting seems to fix it. I've tried clean reinstalling the driver , uninstalling my graphics card and even cleaned my GPU, since i thought the dust was the culprit. But still it keeps crashing (only)during gaming. Also sometimes my screen is displayed in black and white manner with altered resolution, and hangs there, again only restarting fixes it. My windows version is 1909. Only after reinstalling the new driver this problem started which is a few days back.
UPDATE: i did what mandark said. Nothing changed. I also performed a clean re installation of W10 after which the display driver stopped message stopped. But again including things that are mentioned above now, there are random black screens(though monitor has a signal) and even white one(once) Is it due to aging of my GPU?? I am trying without using an external GPU to see if something changes. I also forgot to mention, everytime this happens the audio gets cutoff in a few seconds although my Pc is running and only way to fix this is to turn off the psu switch and start again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Yes it sounds like you have GPU issues have you tested your monitor on other systems? Make sure that’s not problematic