Display driver stopped working and has recoveredGigabyte fxa990-d3crucial 8gb ram 1600mhz ballistixsapphire r9 280x vapo

mariobrickhead

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Display driver stopped working and has recovered
Gigabyte fxa990-d3
crucial 8gb ram 1600mhz ballistix
sapphire r9 280x vapor x tri x
windows 7 x64

i tried cleaning the registry
deleting and updating my display driver
replacing atikmdag.sys with an expanded atikmdag.sy_
setting 8 as the value data or TdrDelay in registry.

still nothing, game crashes after 30min

any help?

Just try this and tell:

First of all you need to TOTALLY remove all the old drivers. Use this link.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Note:
Select the respective company(i.e Nvidia or ATI) drivers to be uninstalled.
Use clean and restart option.
And then install the new drivers after rebooting.

mariobrickhead

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

Tried it still didnt work. I tried win8 x64, reformatted then, win 7 x64. Did your thing and installed catalyst amd-catalyst-14-9-win7-win8.1-64bit. Still crashing with the same message.

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Sir,I am Bharath from India.I think I can help you Out here.I had the same problem with my Geforce 210 and I did this and everything started to work Perfect

I highly recommend you totally Remove the Drivers of this GPU

NOTE-Your GPU must be connected.

1) Download Driver Booster Free from iObit and Install them (You can make it PRO by learning in Youtube)

2) At first Open,It will automatically scan for Outdated Drivers

3) After Searching,It will show the Results and All you have to do is tap 'Update',Sit back and Enjoy some Coffee !

4) When you click 'Update',It will calculate the Size of those drivers,Download it all in One (As an Order)

5) Most Important thing - It also creates a System Restore Point before installing any Driver.

6) After every driver is installed,It MAY ask you to Re-start or Reboot your PC.Even though it dosn't ask to Restart your PC,I highly recommend you to Restart your PC

What it basically does is find Missing,Damaged and Out-dated drivers in the Internet Automatically and install it without any Hassle and by itself.It actually will mod some Coding inside those Driver Files.

This Brilliant Software can almost find any driver that is Missing or Outdated Drivers.So,You never need to open your Browser to download a Driver and Install them.

After all these,It must work Perfectly Fine.Please let me know the result (If it fixes your problem)

If My solution fixes your Problem,Please don't forget to make mine as your Best Answer.

Thank you

mariobrickhead

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

Installed it, updated my drivers, it didnt seem to have any problems with my display driver, it said updated. There was this Realtek PCIe GBE family controller, it was outdated, i updated it and still nothing. Game crashed. Though i was monitoring my CPU temperature it went 67.4°. Im not quite sure if its related. Could it be hardware? I cant even play two dota2 matches without having a crash, and dota2's requirements are not worrisome.

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Very sorry for late reply,Sir.Is there any Error message after the Crash ? Did you check your PSU ? Update that Driver Booster to 2.0 and Try and Please inform me the Result.The 2.0 has more powerful Driver Database with Much more Driver Support.But after doing all of it,Try to Clean your PC with an Air Blower or a Vaccum cleaner.It may help you in Reducing System Temps,Crashes.etc.Thanks