Question Display Driver Uninstaller

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Hey all! I just had a question regarding DDU. I'm not switching drivers from AMD to NVIDIA or anything. I haven't updated my drivers in a really long time and haven't formatted for a while either so probably have old driver files dated back from a really long time ago hiding and lingering around. Could I use DDU to wipe ALL driver related files dating back since first install then install most recent Nvidia drivers? Possibly even freeing up some storage? I don't want to brick my current windows install or anything.

I haven't used DDU before, was just wondering if I could use it for this reason.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can try, I know windows keeps records of all Nvidia drivers but DDU should wipe them.

run ddu in safe mode, uninstall the drivers, boot back into normal mode and get new drivers again

Reactions: Vellaura

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
You can try, I know windows keeps records of all Nvidia drivers but DDU should wipe them.

run ddu in safe mode, uninstall the drivers, boot back into normal mode and get new drivers again

Thanks Colif!

Might you be able to help with which boxes to tick and untick. The selection window is rather intimidating. I just wanted to remove ALL old driver files.

Cheers <3