[SOLVED] Display flickers when I bump the cable/case

landorona

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
I have a ASUS VG278 monitor hooked up to a 1070Ti through a DisplayPort cable, and any time my foot touches the cable, the dislpay goes out for about three seconds and turns back on. So far all I've thought to do is to make sure the cable is secure, which it is. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Solution
I have a ASUS VG278 monitor hooked up to a 1070Ti through a DisplayPort cable, and any time my foot touches the cable, the dislpay goes out for about three seconds and turns back on. So far all I've thought to do is to make sure the cable is secure, which it is. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I think it's a connection issue.
I would replace the cable and inspect the jacks at both ends to make sure they look OK and that there is no debris in them.
Also....I would power down and reseat the 1070 Ti in the slot.
I think it's a connection issue.
I would replace the cable and inspect the jacks at both ends to make sure they look OK and that there is no debris in them.
Also....I would power down and reseat the 1070 Ti in the slot.

Solution
This comes down to a few things.

• Cable needs to be changed.
  • Look at your GPU port and Monitor port to see if they are both ok and nothing is stuck inside.
  • The GPU is not properly seated.

I have the same problem atm. If I touch the cable my monitor goes black and come back and sometimes it shows green dots everywhere. Unplugging the cable in my case and re-plugging it fix it for me. I'm getting a new cable today. Pretty sure it's the cable for me. Hope it is for you too!