Question Display goes black and disconnects randomly while gaming or watching videos

Mar 16, 2019
DISCLAIMER: I am not very tech savvy and don't know much more than the basics. Please explain solutions to me as if I were five (5) years old.

So this issue briefly described in the title has been happening since day one (1) of building this PC.

Most importantly, let me break down my PC specs:
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Mobo ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Mem ADATA - 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Extra Mem ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 128 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
HD Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
OS Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Let me break down the list of issues:
  • While gaming, the PC detects that the monitor has been disconnected, disabling use of the keyboard and mouse. Requires either disconnecting and re-connecting the HDMI cable or a full restart to fix the issue.
  • Randomly during videos, the video portion of the screen will turn gray and pixelate/distort, causing the video to either freeze or adjust itself to the lowest quality before returning to normal after a few minutes.
  • When the PC has been woken up from Sleep or Hibernate mode, the monitor refuses to connect. Disconnecting and re-connecting the HDMI cable does not solve the issue.
  • While turning on the monitor, the screen is tinted pink for one (1) second before returning to normal.
  • Changing the settings of a game or video (e.g. fullscreen to windowed mode) causes stutter, lag, and general unease.
Now let me break down what I've done so far (which probably isn't much):
  • Replaced monitor three (3) times
  • Replaced HDMI cable two (2) times
  • Changed power settings from balanced to high performance then to balanced again
  • Turned off Sleep and Hibernation completely
  • Kept stock settings for AMD
  • Compatibility mode
  • Safe mode
  • Two (2) Memtest64 tests found nothing within 40 minutes and 30 minutes respectively. Both times the PC was unable to finish the hour-long session I'd scheduled and unfortunately needed a forced restart
  • Reinstalled Windows 10 twice