[SOLVED] Display going off for 2-3 seconds?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Hey guys. I am facing an issue related to display when I play games. I am using ryzen 5 3600 with rx 580. So the thing is, I usually play games for around 4-5 hrs a day. In those 4-5 hrs, my monitor screen goes completely off for 5-6 times for around 2-3 seconds. I can hear the sound but the display just goes off, though the monitor remains on.

I was not able to find out the solution, so i thought if someone from this forum could help me. My monitor is acer gaming kg241qp. I tried replacing the hdmi cables too, but no help. I know that if the display goes off for around only 2-3 seconds, its not hampering my gaming experience that much but i believe that this issue should not happen at all if everything is working normally. Kindly guide me. Thank you.

Solution
Your monitor is 144Hz with freesync on, your GPU is trying to match that which might be pulling to much power from your PSU which is why i asked what you had.

The rx 580 recommends a 550w PSU which you might just be pushing to the limits when using freesync. With freesync off you're no long trying to push for 144hz which will draw less power.