Question Display Gone, can't connect to external monitor ?

game34935

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2014
laptop: Acer aspire V3 572G 54L9

issue: display doesn't work. Used external monitor earlier, but system crashed once and went to recovery mode. Now when I turn on the laptop it does not project the screen to external monitor.

Tried:
1 Disconnected laptop display completely thinking the laptop would automatically detect the external monitor and use it. Didn't work.
2. Project screen shortcuts don't with either because the laptop is probably stuck in recovery stage.

Motherboard battery is soldered to the board, so can't reset CMOS.

Please help.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Disconnect the laptop from the wall, the power brick and the battery. Then remove the stick(s) of ram and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. See if replacing the ram and then the power adapter(not the battery) changes the issue you're facing. I suspect your HDD has given up, unless you have an SSD in that laptop.

game34935

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2014
Disconnect the laptop from the wall, the power brick and the battery. Then remove the stick(s) of ram and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. See if replacing the ram and then the power adapter(not the battery) changes the issue you're facing. I suspect your HDD has given up, unless you have an SSD in that laptop.
Doesn't work
The screen when turns on for literally a fraction if a second show system recovery window (perhaps due to multiple forced shut down).
Until the laptop projects to external monitor, i can't repair my system.