Question Display issue with old Dell Dimension 2350

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
I have an old Dell Dimension 2350 that I previously thought to be dead, but I somehow got it to boot up. I can get into BIOS and the boot menu but I can only get anything to display on only one of the monitors I own. The display also looks multiplied and is shaking violently for some reason, and I can't put in a replacement graphics card to fix the issue because there is no slot on the board for one. What should I do about this?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I have an old desktop computer
This is where you list the specs of the build, like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
This is where you list the specs of the build
My bad, I almost forgot!

The computer in question: 2002 Dell Dimension 2350

CPU: Intel Pentium 4, (Noorwood)
CPU cooler: Rear mounted Datech Fan
Motherboard: OEM Dell MoBo, (Unable to find specific model)
Ram: 1GB Kingston DDR
SSD/HDD: 40GB Western Digital IDE HDD
Other Drives: 1 Floppy drive, 2 DVD optical drives
GPU: Currently unknown, most likely Intel Branded
PSU: Age around 20 years, Not name brand, wattage 115-230
Chassis: OEM Dell Dimension 2350 case
Monitor: Early-Mid 90's Tangent CRT VGA monitor
BIOS: Version is currently unknown, Either A01 or A02

Last edited:

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
I also don't know why this computer will only display anything on this monitor only and no other, it's just weird. At first I thought that the computer was dead due to a bad CPU, since it looked melted due to sitting in a storage unit, but that isn't the case. I'm just stumped at this point, I don't know what to do besides just to tear it apart and throw it away.

MajorPager

Prominent
Aug 8, 2023
I figured out some more things.

This computer seems to work as normal except for the fact that it won't display anything on any monitor I have except one, which I have listed. I can boot the computer up, get into BIOS, and even boot into Windows XP but the display is going haywire. I can't change anything in BIOS since I can't read barely anything on the screen. I also can't change the graphics card since there's no onboard expansion slot for one (which I have previously mentioned), and when I switch monitors while the computer is fully booted up it won't show anything still. I feel like the onboard graphics port has gone bad but I know nothing about replacing something like that, and I highly doubt any repair shop would fix it. So...... Best get back at it.

Last edited: