Question Display issues on a new build with NVIDIA Quadro 600 + X670 Pro RS Motherboard ?

Dec 31, 2022
I've been working on my third build, trying to get an AMD Ryzen 7950 on an X670 Pro RS Motherboard. I managed to get the machine to POST and enter the bios screen. Then I turned the machine off, and could not get the machine back in bios again. I suspect I am missing something simple. I tried reseating cables, but not that simple.

Most of the hardware I work with is old servers, which are VGA based. The NVIDIA Quadro 600 is a lower end DVI card that doesn't need PCI-E power.
I don't have access to an HDMI monitor on site. I managed to get a screen available with either a DP1 to VGA converter on the motherboard, on the card, or the DVI (I don't remember which). I didn't expect the display not to return after I unplugged it and took a break.

I can't figure out exactly what to do to get the display back on a VGA / DVI compatible monitor.

(Note: I initially thought this machine might have insufficient power. I could not get a display with a 500W PSU and currently have a 850W PSU that did end up working.)

Here are the remaining symptoms of my board, for further reference.
On turning on power, I receive the following:
  1. RGB is on
  2. Link light to an ethernet cable is on.
  3. Numlock key on a USB 2.0 keyboard starts off responsive with power, then stops responding.
  4. Two of the board's post LED's are red. These correspond to "Boot" and "VGA".
I have reseated my card to no avail. I feel like I'm missing something simple regarding the display. Nearly all the display stuff I work with is VGA. I am not clear what kind of errors might occur with a motherboard that has built in HDMI.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

(Note: I initially thought this machine might have insufficient power. I could not get a display with a 500W PSU and currently have a 850W PSU that did end up working.)
Can you share the makes and models of both PSU's used?

For better context, can you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
with no discrete GPU, you should be able to get display output off the motherboard considering you have an iGPU on the processor. Might be a good idea to source(borrowed, not bought) a donor panel from a friend or neighbor to see if the adapter you have is the root of your issues.

Dec 31, 2022
Poster, thanks for your suggestions. I did look at other questions before asking. I also did more research. I found that removing the graphics card and running on the integrated GPU with the DP1 to VGA adapter worked consistently. I'm going to see if an Ubuntu 22.04 installation is successful.