Display issues since this morning

MFZ

Prominent
May 5, 2017
Hey, so every since I booted up my PC this morning the display has been funny. It was working perfectly fine last night before i went to sleep but now all of a sudden nothing displays and instead on the screen it shows a wee box saying "check signal".

I've done some troubleshooting since then and found:

-DVI cable from monitor to GPU = no display
-DVI cable from monitor to MOBO slot = no display
-VGA cable from monitor to MOBO slot = display

Note: I cant connect a VGA cable from monitor to GPU since there isn't a slot for one.

I've also noticed the system doesn't seem to be detecting my graphics card. DXDIAG search used to show radeon 7900 series now it just shows the integrated intel graphics. Any help would be amazing. I have even done a clean install of a windows 7 with no luck. :( Specs below.

CPU: i5-3470
GPU: AMD Radeon XFX R9750 GHOST
MOBO: GA-Z77-DS3H
Monitor: Samsung S25B150

UPDATE: Found 1 of the fans has stopped spinning on the GPU. Related in anyway?

MFZ

Prominent
May 5, 2017

But how would that fix my graphics card appearing in dxdiag and device manager again?

Thanks for the help so far btw

You connect it into you video cards DVI out to the vga cable. Most of those older cards had both analog and digital on the DVI out. One side is DVI and the other is VGA.
mianv.jpg

MFZ

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Yes I understand that, but my PC isn't even detecting a graphics card. I get this error when trying to install drivers

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/KB173.aspx?DID=0152%7C%7C%7C&VID=8086%7C%7C%7C&CPU=&OS=Windows7&OSBIT=64&OSLANG=en_US&utm_campaign=rserror&utm_medium=application&utm_source=driver-installer&utm_content=error173%7CIM_ERROR_NO_AMD_HW_FOUND/

MFZ

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Yes I understand that, but my PC isn't even detecting a graphics card. I get this error when trying to install drivers

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/KB173.aspx?DID=0152%7C%7C%7C&VID=8086%7C%7C%7C&CPU=&OS=Windows7&OSBIT=64&OSLANG=en_US&utm_campaign=rserror&utm_medium=application&utm_source=driver-installer&utm_content=error173%7CIM_ERROR_NO_AMD_HW_FOUND/

Ok first try reseatting your video card. To reseat pull the card out and put it back in the PCIE slot. This cleans and ensures the video card has good connection to the PCIE slot. Next unplug and replug up the cards PCIE power plugs. Start the system up and see if it helped. If not either you video card is probably dead or PSU/PCIE slot issue. If you have another know working system to test the card with would make sure.

MFZ

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Tried this. Didn't work. Found one of the fans has stopped working too I think it's a dead GPU.