Question Display issues

samjacobson13

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
My computer turns on, keyboard and mouse light up, mobo lights up. The monitor does display a message clearly so there’s no dead pixels or anything. I recently replaced my z170+i5-6600k with a b450 tomahawk + r5 3600 and everything worked fine. I switched the cooler but realized I didn’t have the right bracket so I switched the coolers again (back to the stock cooler) and that’s when I stopped getting displays. Thanks for any help.

I tried dvi and hdmi and neither worked.

D

Deleted member 2729451

If I plug in HDMI after I turn on the computer, There’s no display from my computer at all, it’s just the monitor that says “no signal” and then goes to sleep. Otherwise, the monitor just stays asleep.

So this all started when you switched back to stock cooler? If you can switch them again and see if that works? Something could be wrong and wont let it connect idk but its worth a try

samjacobson13

Prominent
Jul 8, 2018
So this all started when you switched back to stock cooler? If you can switch them again and see if that works? Something could be wrong and wont let it connect idk but its worth a try

I’m still using the stock cooler (this originally worked). The problems started when I reinstalled the stock cooler.